Zwölf Prinzipien guter Regierungsführung hat der Europarat 2017 aufgestellt. Kommunen, die die Kriterien erfüllen, können das “European Label of Governence´ Excellence (ELoGE)” erhalten.
The Label is awarded to local authorities having achieved a high overall level of governance, by a national or regional Stakeholders’ Platform. This platform needs to be accredited by the stakeholders’ platform of the Council of Europe.
Local authorities who wish to apply for the Label are evaluated according to the following tools: a matrix evaluating their action, a questionnaire addressed to citizens, a questionnaire addressed to local elected representatives.
The evaluation allows to local authorities to understand their strengths and their weaknesses when providing public services to the local community and exercising public authority. To improve the quality of local governance, local authorities can use the various tools developed by the Centre of expertise and take inspiration from their colleagues’ best practices.
Die Prinzipien lauten:
– Fair Conduct of Elections, Representation and Participation
– Efficiency and Effectiveness
– Openness and Transparency
– Rule of Law
– Ethical conduct
– Competence and Capacity
– Innovation and Openness to Change
– Sustainability and Long-term Orientation
– Sound Financial Management
– Human rights, Cultural Diversity and Social Cohesion